Bluebird on the Mountain Concerts
It all started in 2004 with, “Wouldn’t this be a wonderful place to have a concert?!” Standing on the plaza in front of the incredible 1950s building with the giant dome (which houses the Seyfert Telescope) and looking out at the surrounding oak and hickory forest, one can easily get a sense of how special this place would be for listening to talented musicians. On one of the tallest hilltops in Nashville, the concerts are scheduled around glorious sunsets on the portico of the Vanderbilt Dyer Observatory. Guests are encouraged to bring blankets, lawn chairs, food, and drink and relax on the Observatory’s front lawn to enjoy a fabulous evening of sunset, music, and stars. After the performance, when the stars begin to shine, the telescope is opened for visitors to cap their night with views of celestial wonders.
2017 Bluebird on the Mountain Season Tickets
Season tickets for the 2017 Bluebird on the Mountain concert series will go on sale SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12TH at 10:00AM. In order to prevent scalping, only one ticket will be available per purchase. TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THIS LINK. A few notes about BBOM tickets:
- Season Tickets include six concerts: one (1) monthly concert from May 2017 through October 2017 (weather-permitting).
- Each ticket is good for a carload of up to eight (8) guests.
- Tickets this year will be sold through Eventbrite – NOT Ticketmaster.
- Tickets will only be available online through Eventbrite – tickets obtained elsewhere will NOT be honored.
- All sales are final and non-refundable.
- No pets are allowed at concerts
- Smoking is allowed in designated areas ONLY.
- Starting in April 2017, a limited number of individual concert tickets will become available at 10:00am on the first day of the month prior to a concert. For example, tickets for the May 20th concert will become available at 10:00am on April 1.
Concert dates and times for the 2017 season are:
- May 20 – Gates open at 6:00PM; Concert begins at 8:00PM
- June 17 – Gates open at 6:00PM; Concert begins at 8:00PM
- July 22 – Gates open at 6:00PM; Concert begins at 8:00PM
- Aug 26 – Gates open at 6:00PM; Concert begins at 8:00PM
- Sept 23 – Gates open at 5:00PM; Concert begins at 7:00PM
- Oct 7 – Gates open at 5:00PM; Concert begins at 7:00PM
- Rain Date: Sept 9.
ALL INQUIRIES AND CORRESPONDENCE SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO:
Thanks to Amy Kurland and Erika Wollam-Nichols of the Bluebird Cafe‘ fame, we are producing a series of in-the-round style events that have been absolutely wonderful. The performers have included the top songwriters in Nashville. In 2016, we celebrate our 13th cooperative Bluebird concert season in May and continue monthly through October. Tickets for these concerts are sold through Ticketmaster. We encourage carloads of people to attend by purchasing a “carload ticket.” Bring up to eight people in your car. No RVs please.
Some of the performers at our music events
With a big, giant THANK YOU to everyone of them!