Open House Days
Astronomers offer tours of Vanderbilt’s Dyer Observatory including the Seyfert Telescope. Weather permitting, visitors will also venture outside to see the Star Chamber, sundial garden, and view the Sun through the solar telescope.
You may arrive and depart any time during the 9am-noon Open House, but guided tours start at approximately 9:00am and 10:30am. You must make a FREE reservation online for either tour. No tickets sold at door. All weather event. Recommended for ages 8 and up.
- The tour lasts approximately one hour.
- Because this is a historic museum setting, we ask attendees to be mindful of the delicate nature of our exhibits and equipment.
- The Seyfert Telescope is located on the second floor of the observatory. There are twenty steps leading to the second floor.
- For the safety of all observatory guests, closed-toe footwear must be worn.
- Please alert us if you are booking a large group that will be arriving at once (to allow for adequate staffing).
- You do not need to bring a printed ticket; there will be a guest list at the gate.
- Notify the gate attendant if you have special parking needs.
- If your plans change and you can not attend, please cancel your ticket online or let us know so we may release the space to someone else.
TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE ONE MONTH BEFORE EACH EVENT. Please click HERE for tickets.
Open House Days for 2020 are:
- Cancelled –March 3
- Cancelled – April 7
- Cancelled – May 5
- Cancelled – June 2
- August 4
- September 1
- October 6
- November 3