The Dyer Observatory telescopes will be set up for gazing, and the observatory will be open for viewing exhibits and speaking with astronomers. The format is “open house” so you may arrive and depart any time during the event. There will not be a formal talk/program on these nights unless otherwise noted. Suggested for ages 8 and up.
- Because this is a historic museum setting, we ask attendees to be mindful of the delicate nature of our exhibits and equipment.
- The Seyfert Telescope is located on the second floor of the observatory. There are twenty steps leading to the second floor.
- For the safety of all observatory guests, closed-toe footwear must be worn.
- Vehicles larger than a standard-size school bus will not fit through the gate.
- You do not need to bring a printed ticket; there will be a guest list at the gate.
- Alert the parking attendant at the gate if you have special parking needs.
- If your plans change and you can not attend, please let us know so we may release the space to someone else.
Time: TIMES VARY due to changing sunset times.
Cost: $5.00 admission plus an online handling fee. Each person must have their own reservation.
Tickets are available HERE.
NO TICKETS SOLD AT DOOR. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. THIS IS A CLEAR OR CLOUDY EVENT.